TRUMBULL -- GOP gubernatorial candidate and former Trumbull First Selectman Tim Herbst announced 27 endorsements Tuesday from Republican municipal and party officials, raising his total number of public endorsements to 48.
"Across every corner of Connecticut we are building a movement to upend business-as-usual in Hartford and restore prosperity to our state," Herbst said.
"I am humbled by the growing number of elected officials and party leaders who recognize we need a proven reformer and Hartford outsider to defeat the Malloy machine in November and bring real change to Connecticut," Herbst continued.
"If we are going to get different results from Hartford, we simply must send a different type of leader to Hartford," Herbst said.
Supporters pointed to Herbst's record of leadership and reform in Trumbull, proven ability to win tough fights and vision for saving Connecticut in endorsing his campaign for governor.
"It is with much pleasure that I wholeheartedly endorse Tim Herbst for Connecticut's next governor!" said Lorie Vaccaro, President of the Ansonia Board of Aldermen. "I've known Tim since 2001, and his honesty, integrity and 'can do' approach is exactly what our state needs. He is a proven leader and problem solver who will bring back Connecticut from the brink."
"Tim Herbst is a proven reformer, turning Trumbull around with eight balanced budgets and a nationally ranked school system," said Sarah Muska, member of the East Windsor Board of Finance. "He is straight to the point, honest, and passionate. He is a fearless leader who will fight to bring Connecticut back to its full potential. He's what we need ... The next generation of leadership!"
"Tim helped me knock on doors for my own Board of Education campaign in Tolland," said Christina Plourd, member of the Tolland Board of Education. "I have confidence in his ability to make decisions that will turn our state around and keep our schools whole."
In total, Herbst has now received the endorsement of seven members of the Republican State Central Committee, 12 current and former municipal executives, four Republican Town Committee chairs, a State Representative, two Republican Town Committees, 24 current and former municipal officials and one RTC vice chair.
- Lorie Vaccaro, Ansonia Board of Alderman President
- Alex Giannone, Berlin Town Council
- Bruce Farmer, Former Clinton First Selectman
- Steven Kolenberg, Stamford Board of Representatives
- Kieran Ryan, Stamford Board of Representatives
- Salvatore Gabriele, Stamford Board of Finance
- Joe Dey, Woodbridge Board of Selectman
- Matthew Giglietti, Woodbridge Board of Finance Chairman
- Stephen Falcigno Sr., Woodbridge Police Commissioner
- Loredana Falcigno, Former Woodbridge Registrar of Voters
- Christina Plourd, Tolland Board of Education
- Brian Farnen, Former Fairfield RTM Deputy Majority Leader
- John Romano, Norwalk RTC Vice Chair
- Sarah Muska, East Windsor Board of Finance
- Edna Colucci, Trumbull Town Council
- Paul Verbitsky, Trumbull Town Council
- Donna Seidell, Trumbull Town Council
- Lori Rosasco-Schwartz, Trumbull Town Council
- Elaine Hammers, Trumbull Board of Finance Chair
- William Haberlain Trumbull Board of Finance Vice Chair
- Loretta Chory, Trumbull Board of Education Chair
- Marie Petitti, Trumbull Board of Education
- Larry LaConte, Sr., Trumbull Planning and Zoning Commission
- Joe Pifko, Former Vice Chair of Trumbull Town Council
- Mark Block, Former Member of Trumbull Town Council
- Tony Scinto, Former Member of Trumbull Town Council
- Matthew Caron, Former Member of Trumbull Town Council
- State Rep. Greg Stokes, District 58
- North Haven First Selectman Mike Freda
- Former Stamford Mayor Mike Pavia
- Former Norwalk Mayor Dick Moccia
- Former Bridgeport Mayor Mary Moran
- Ansonia Mayor David Cassetti
- Former Trumbull First Selectman Ken Halaby
- Former Rocky Hill Mayor Henry Vasel
- GOP State Central Committee Member and Cromwell Mayor Enzo Faienza, District 9
- GOP State Central Committee Member and Trumbull Town Council Chairman Carl Massaro Jr., District 22
- GOP State Central Committee Member Patricia Fers, District 17
- GOP State Central Committee Member Daniel Hetzel, District 18
- GOP State Central Committee Member Robert Kolenberg, District 27
- GOP State Central Committee Member William Jenkins, District 35
- GOP State Central Committee Member Meg Cassanta, District 9
- West Haven RTC Chair Michele Gregorio
- Groton RTC Chair Constantine G. Antipas
- Trumbull RTC Chair Vincent Fuimara
- Putnam RTC Chair and Selectman Roy Simmons
- Republican Town Committee of Trumbull
- Republican Town Committee of Putnam